Clinical Instructor or Assistant Professional Practice Professor Ophthalmology
MU School of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology is seeking a full-time Clinical Instructor or Assistant Professor of Professional Practice in Optometry to join our department. The position is a faculty appointment not eligible for tenure. Optometrists at the Mason Eye Institute provide quality, comprehensive vision care services to a diverse patient population and collaborate with other disciplines to provide an integrated care approach. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Degree of Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) resulting from course of education in optometry and receive from an accredited school or college of optometry
- Licensed to practice optometry in the State of Missouri with full and unrestricted licensure and maintain a current registration in their State of licensure
- Successful completion of a post-graduate ACOE-accredited optometry residency program (or equivalent)
- Must be eligible for a faculty appointment and have a desire to be involved in teaching
- Preferred experience includes: Passage of National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO) examinations, passage of the Advanced Competence in Medical Optometry (ACMO) examination, and be eligible to apply or be a current Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
Apply using the online applicant. Be prepared to upload a letter of interest, names contact information for three references and curriculum vitae.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: