Assistant Vice President for Enrollment
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, with latitude for independent judgement, the Assistant Vice President will provide leadership, management, oversight, accountability and direction to a comprehensive portfolio of enrollment services, programs, units and functions that define the enrollment cycle, from pre-college to post-graduation, in a constantly shifting and competitive environment.
The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic and timely implementation of strategies, practice, policies and procedures that attract and enroll qualified and diverse applicants, including a significant proportion of low-income and first-generation college students and will facilitate their timely passage to degree completion through the integration of processes and enhanced technology. Through this integration, the incumbent will bring an analytical, empirical, data-driven approach to problem solving and decision-making that will promote a "culture of evidence," service and compliance.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Lead and work collaboratively with academic departments to set and meet institutional and system-wide goals and targets in a coordinated manner, as well as develop and regularly update a suitable master course file, aligned with the comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan for the college.
- In close collaboration with the Office of Assessment and Institutional Research and with Academic Affairs, the incumbent will ensure that the campus monitors enrollments at all levels to assist the provost, deans, and department chairs in making optimal curriculum, admissions and class scheduling decisions; collaboratively ensures the provision of convenient access to current and historical enrollment data for use by the schools and departments in curriculum planning and class scheduling.
- Ensure that effective administrative services, programs and functions are carried-out in a welcoming, inclusive and responsive environment serving a diverse student population, including many students who are low income, first-generation college students from groups traditionally under-represented.
- Advise college constituents on a broad range of enrollment issues (including recruitment, admission, retention, and graduation processes) and on ensuring compliance with University, federal and state regulations, and strategic planning; develop and analyze reports in conjunction with Assessment and Institutional Research for campus awareness.
- Oversee the collection, organization, and analysis of data related to all phases of the enrollment process, from application to graduation; regularly communicate analyses for use in planning and strategy development; and serve as a resource on campus and to the public for questions about enrollment trends.
- Implement predictive modeling/data analytics and institute performance indicators that establish metrics to track departmental efficiency, monitor achievement of enrollment goals, and forecast probabilities and trends.
- Integrate technology effectively into all aspects of enrollment, including to enhance student services and student communications, to maximize efficiency, and optimize outcome delivery for all units, to provide professional development and consultation to staff on the integration and effective use of technology, to work with Information Technology staff to develop multi-year technology plans and advice around purchasing of hardware and software and to develop technology literacy initiatives in keeping with state and federal standards.
- Supervise and oversee the college's Financial Aid Office and Registrar's Office. Constantly monitor the new financial aid system to ensure its integrity and functionality. Identify problems and participate in their resolution.
- Represent the Vice President as her designee as assigned and as delegated.
- Fulfill other leadership responsibilities and management duties as assigned.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience preferably eight years of managerial and enrollment management related work experience is required. An advanced degree is preferred with eight years of relevant experience in a higher education setting. Additional qualifications are defined below by the College.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire a strong sense of customer service in staff. Excellent communication skills. Ability to relate to a diverse student population, and to work effectively with colleagues ranging from support staff in enrollment offices to other senior academic leaders. Must have experience with room scheduling, degree evaluation/advisement and enterprise management software. Experience integrating new technology solutions in higher education highly desirable.
Assistant Vice President
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes may begin January 9, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: NYC College of Technology
Job Title: Assistant Vice President for Enrollment
Job ID: 15947