Assistant Lab Manager
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-017
Posting Start Date: 2/13/2017
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Assistant Lab Manager
Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Professionals, the position will assist in the responsibility for organizing and managing the nursing learning resource center which includes the media center, simulation, and skill labs.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the media center
- Assist in planning of the budget and the selections of visual aids, DVDs, internet resources
- Coordinate computer based tutoring for current and graduate students
- Monitor students during computer based testing preparing for the NCLEX exam
- Maintain accountability and control of materials and equipment in Media Center and complete inventory forms
Clinical Simulation Learning Center
- Provide oversight and coordination of all aspects of the nursing skills lab
- Maintain human simulators in good working condition
- Provide training for faculty and students on lab usage and procedures
- Coordinate and maintain computerized scheduling and student tracking systems for the nursing labs
- Work with the faculty to develop and implement simulations for associate degree and practical nurse certificate students including setting up goals, objectives, and outcome criteria for scenarios
- Assist with the simulation scenarios set-up, break-down of simulation environment
- Obtain or develop appropriate simulation scenarios for use with high, medium, and low fidelity mannequins
- Supervise students in laboratory and skills testing and evaluate student performance
- Assist in planning of the budget and the selections of simulation equipment
- Perform inspections for OSHA compliance in the lab and maintain inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse in Medical Surgery, Pediatric, or Psychiatric Nursing
- Previous teaching experience in a college of clinical setting preferred
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.