Business Relations Manager
Working Title: Business Relations Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 02-13-2017
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging is seeking a driven, dynamic, and creative individual to serve as Manager of Business Relations. The Manager of Business Relations is responsible for the strategic planning, execution and analysis of marketing activities for the Department. These activities include: developing strategies to effectively communicate and build relationships with radiology customers, developing programs to increase physician referrals, educating the public about UVA radiology differentiation and sub-specialty services, and building and retaining relationships with radiology alumni. Additionally, the Manager will be responsible for seeking new business contractual relationships. Candidates should be analytical, motivated, proactive, project-oriented, and results-oriented; a strategic thinker and planner with solid forecasting and projections skills; have demonstrated project management, public relations, and communication skills; and possess strong writing and editing skills and ability.
Qualified applicants must have a Master's degree in Marketing, Business, English, Communications or related field. A combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. At least five years of marketing, social media, and business relations experience is required. In lieu of a Master's Degree, a total of 17 years of related experience is required or with Bachelor's Degree, a total of 13 years of related experience is required.
This position is restricted and contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to lead and execute a broad range of communications functions. Ability to strategically plan communications activities. Ability to mentor other professionals.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of specific area(s) of communications subject matter expertise. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently. Proven knowledge of print and web publications, media relations, and market research.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information relative to communications processes and strategy. Ability to present information in multiple forums to a range of audiences. Openly share information regarding institutional practices.
4. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals. Ability to lead, train, and functionally supervise. Ability to mentor junior professionals.
5. Ability to oversee implementation and modification of technological components of communications programs. Ability to access and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
6. Ability to translate the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs, into persuasive communications materials.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81134