Administrative Assistant V, Westmont (F/T), CFRN20723CNTRS
Under limited direction, assist Center Supervisors in assigned administrative responsibilities to ensure the smooth operation of the Center.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant V, Westmont (F/T), CFRN20723CNTRS
Duties of Position:
- Assist the Center Supervisor in all aspects of administrative responsibilities and maintaining highest standards of excellence in facility management. Manage office in Center Supervisor's absence.
- Using option 40 and Schedule 25, create schedule tables before each term, manager classrooms including booking, resolving room conflicts and posting room changes in cooperation with Supervisor. Prepare room posters for beginning of term. Responsible for posting on classrooms of canceled classes as well as informing students.
- Monitor late-starting classes, prepare class lists and secure necessary class materials such as disks for computer classes. Assist with collecting Mid-Term Verification Forms and Final Grade Sheets and route them to Glen Ellyn Division offices in a timely manner in order to ensure that all College deadlines are met.
- Create and assemble materials for marketing and publicity of courses offered at the Center and satellite sites.
- Track, evaluate and monitor Center programs and community activities.
- Provide assistance to all faculty, students, and community members who use the facility.
- Assist in planning, publicizing and implementing hospitalities and other education and community events.
- Troubleshoot in all areas. Assist in creating new procedures and/or streamlining current procedures.
- Assist with registration.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Center Supervisor.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Three years' experience in educational setting or equivalent, and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma.
EXPERIENCE: Administrative Assistant experience in a community college.
EDUCATION: Two years' college or experience in office environment. Excellent oral and written communications skills. MSOffice skills. CPR training.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
IBM PC, multi-line telephone, calculator, typewriter, scanner, fax , copier, print-card machine, AV equipment, and defibrillator if necessary.
General office environment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Centers - CNTRS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt