Assistant Professor of Middle Grades Education
The School of Education and Teacher Preparation seeks dynamic applicants who are interested in working with Teacher Education faculty in an innovative teacher preparation program at the College of Coastal Georgia (CCGA). The faculty member will join faculty members with strong teaching and academic records. Qualified applicants must have successful experience in undergraduate teaching, advising, supervision of field experiences, and development of new courses and programs. Candidates should be well versed in teacher education, innovative curriculum development, assessment for program improvement, professional development school models, standards-based learning and instruction, performance-based assessment and evaluation, and a commitment to developing and implementing innovative teacher recruitment and induction programs. The position is a full-time tenure-track appointment starting Fall 2017. Salary is commensurate with credentials and experience.
Teach courses in curriculum and methods for Elementary and middle grades.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
· A Master's degree in Elementary education, middle grades, or related field, with recent experience teaching and/or administration experience in the public schools and/or at the college level.
· Exhibit a commitment to student learning and teacher candidate success, and have a working knowledge of standards based instruction and assessment.
· Exhibits a collaborative approach to program and course development; team approach to problem-solving
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
· A doctorate preferred.
· Proficient teaching experience online.
· Supervisory experience with clinical and/or field experience
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.