Coordinator, Academic Success Center
Posting Date March 7, 2017
Position Title Coordinator, Academic Success Center
Vacancy # V-1200
Department Academic Success Center
Under the direction of the Associate Director, the Coordinator of the Academic Success Center will assist in the development and execution of retention, outreach and liaison/cohort programs related to academic support and testing/assessment. The Coordinator of the Academic Success Center will also contribute to the strategic vision/goals, program planning, policy formation, outcomes assessment and the development of monthly and annual goals. The Coordinator of the Academic Success Center will assist with coordination of ADVS 198, academic action, and actively participate in University programs related to learning, retention, and satisfaction.
• Coordinates the daily operation of the Academic Success Center including; recruiting, hiring and training of Tutors, Learning Assistants, Academic Coaches and Desk Assistants
• Creates and disseminates academic support schedule based on trends and historical data
• Maintain and track all student visits
• Works with multiple academic departments to coordinate supplemental instruction for courses and special programs
• Assists in the coordination of the ADVS 198 program, including but not limited to conducting faculty outreach and providing academic coaching
• Manages early alerts issued for special cohorts identified as at risk academically
• Represents the Academic Success Center at University events, including new student and transfer orientation and recruitment event hosted by Admissions
• Assists with the coordination, data entry, outreach and processes pertaining to students on Academic Action
• Participates in the internal assessment process by analyzing data and making recommendations for program development
• Provides assistance with all testing and assessment activities including making appointments, checking and responding to inquiries, proctoring tests, data entry and pre and post-test consultation
• Work together with other administrative and academic departments to promote partnership and collaboration
• Serves on relevant University committees
• Assists in University retention efforts
• Prepares clear and accurate reports and maintains records and files
• Prepares written correspondence
• Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends is required
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
Master's degree required, preferably in Student Affairs, Higher Education or other related field, two years full-time professional experience working in a college or university setting preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with documented experience working with tutoring, academic success and at risk populations. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Ability to work with a team of diverse professional staff and students is essential.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date May 2017
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When submitting a resume and cover letter, please combine the documents into one single document (PDF or MS Word) via the apply link.* https://jobs-montclairedu.icims.com/jobs/1532/coordinator%2c-academic-success-center/job
Apply By Open until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION