Will teach primarily developmental Mathematics courses at Rowan College at Gloucester County. Full-time tenure track Mathematics teaching position in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Division. Responsible for developing courses, writing lessons plans and teaching developmental and college level mathematics courses, as needed, in the approved curricula of the division. Assists with decisions regarding instructional materials, participates in division and college-wide discussions and meetings, assists division with committee work, and fulfills other faculty responsibilities.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides developmental and/or college level instruction in mathematics courses, as needed.
- Develops curriculum including revision of course syllabi, review and selection of textbooks, program revision, and program and course articulation activities.
- Develops departmental wide developmental mathematics course(s) final exam(s).
- Provides student support by evaluating student progress and providing feedback, maintaining voice and email communication, referring students to appropriate support services, providing academic advice, maintaining office hours, maintaining appropriate academic and attendance records, and submitting final grades.
- Communicates and consults professionally with divisional colleagues regarding curricula, student assessment and learning outcomes, and other professional development activities.
- Participates in a reasonable number of Divisional and College activities and committees which may include; the College Assembly, the Faculty Senate, search committees, divisional committees, program assessment and review, and college accreditation.
- Maintains currency in content area and the necessary technology for the college environment and recommends curricula or technology modifications accordingly.
- Implement the philosophy, mission, learning outcomes and objectives, curriculum, and policies of the College and of the STEM Division.
- Work productively with others.
- Promotes and supports the value of diversity and cultural sensitivity in all aspects of teaching and learning.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution with eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in mathematics, preferably pure mathematics.
- Experience teaching with Maple, Converge, MATLAB or equivalent software preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' classroom experience teaching mathematics in an academic setting (teaching assistant, lecture, recitation experience accepted).
- Fairness and flexibility in understanding and working with a wide variety of students and assisting them to adjust to the intellectual environment and requirements of a college academic community.
- Excellent organizational skills, instructional, and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with students, college staff, and the public.
- Previous history of good working relationships with peers and students.
- Commitment to the community college mission including addressing the needs of a diverse student population.
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for students exhibiting a broad range of abilities.
- Experience utilizing innovative teaching methods incorporating technology, including on-line resources.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to interact and collaborate productively with students, colleagues, administration, and the community.
- Commitment and ability to utilize instructional strategies to promote student recruitment, retention, and success.
- Ability to help students adjust to the college academic environment.
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.