Administrator III - Senior Director for Risk Management Services/Chief Risk Officer
Administrator III - Senior Director for Risk Management Services/Chief Risk Officer
Job ID: 101932
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3306
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a CSU Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 13 scheduled paid holidays plus one personal holiday; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Salary Range: $4,948.00 - $16,822.00 per month.
Recruitment /Hiring Range: $4,948.00 to $10,000.00 per month. Note: The maximum monthly salary is set at $10,000.00 per month.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with some nights and weekends Job Summary The Senior Director for Risk Management Services has responsibility for the administration of the comprehensive University-wide enterprise risk management program. Specific elements of this program include: environmental health and safety compliance, including occupational and radiation safety; workers' compensation; business continuity plan development and management; insurance acquisition and claims management, and development and implementation of loss control and prevention practices, procedures, and programs; and campus risk assessment, analysis, and mitigation efforts. The incumbent develops enterprise risk management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to actively mitigate risks. The Senior Director is responsible for developing and implementing appropriate measures to identify and minimize the risk of injury to campus constituents, and to minimize loss or damage to property. The Senior Director reports directly to the Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer (VP/CFO) and serves as a key member of the VP/CFO's advisory council. In this capacity, the Senior Director will draft policies and procedures related to areas of responsibility for the VP/CFO's review and final approval by the University President, and participate in the Administration and Business Affairs strategic plan development, initiatives, and assessment.
For more information on Risk Management Services, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/aba/rms/ Benefits/FLSA This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the California State University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Required Qualifications Experience and Education
1. Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene or Safety and Environmental Science or equivalent related experience or education.
2. Five years of professional level experience in a risk management discipline, e.g., risk management, occupational/industrial safety and environmental compliance, loss control, risk and insurance, business continuity planning, disaster response management, fire/life safety, sustainability, workers¿ compensation, etc.
3. Experience managing a complex budget, including budget development and management of expenditures.
4. Experience providing leadership, direction, and motivation to both managers and professional staff, including supervision, evaluation, and recruitment.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices related to running a successful University program in the areas of environmental health, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, radiation safety, workers compensation, and risk management.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of business continuity, including business continuity plan development and maintenance.
7. Ability to communicate complex information, both orally and in written form, with a variety of internal and external constituents, including University administrators, faculty, and staff.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
10. Ability to execute multiple large projects and evaluate and recommend solutions to complex business/systems recovery problems.
11. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
12. Possession and maintenance of a valid California state driver's license and a safe driving record.
13. Ability to climb ladders, negotiate rough surfaces and roof tops, climb stairs, work outside for extended periods of time in extreme weather, move, transport, lift up to 40 pounds and carry equipment up to 20 pounds.
14. Ability to complete successful background check. Preferred Qualifications 1. Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, preferably in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene or Safety and Environmental Science, or a closely related discipline.
2. One or more of the following certifications: Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Business Continuity Planning (any level) by a nationally and/or internationally recognized certification organization, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
3. Ten years of professional level experience in the comprehensive leadership of risk management (e.g., risk management, occupational /industrial safety and environmental compliance, loss control, risk and insurance, business continuity planning, disaster response management, fire/life safety, workers' compensation, etc.).
4. Experience leading a program in environmental health and safety, workers' compensation, and risk management or related discipline in a University environment. License/Certification Valid driver's license and maintenance of safe driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned.
CSUS is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, March 8, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. This page also contains application instructions and frequently asked questions for both internal and external applicants.
External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
To ensure consideration, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Cover letter/letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications, inclusive of a supervisor/manager, peer, and subordinate. Include name, email address, and telephone number for each reference.
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical assistance with the online application, please call our IT help desk at 916.278.7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/