Research Associate - Physiology, Pharmacology, and Neuroscience
Conducts academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff, and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving others.
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the University and relevant outside parties
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The CUNY School of Medicine at the City College of New York is seeking an experienced Research Associate to serve in the Department of Physiology, Pharmacology, and Neuroscience.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as an expert in imaging of the central nervous system.
- Design and conduct imaging experiments, including fluorophore choice and imaging modality.
- Help design cell-based genetic screening experiments.
- Participate in design of rodent behavior studies.
- Take leadership role in management of experiments, IACUC protocols, laboratory practices, and laboratory resources.
- Participate in the training of laboratory personnel and initiation.
- Serve as laboratory liaison with College/University administration.
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
- Doctoral degree and at least five (5) years of experience required
- Experience with optical imaging techniques
- Experience supervising lab personnel
- Experience using computers and maintaining databases
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16289) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a CV, a statement of research interests, and the contact information for three (3) references.
Open until filled, with review of applications to begin March 15, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Research Associate - Physiology, Pharmacology, and Neuroscience
Job ID: 16289
Full/Part Time: Full-Time