Freshman Admission Counselor
Lewis University seeks candidates for a Freshman Admission Counselor to be responsible for an assigned recruitment territory. This includes actively representing the University to prospective students and parents; reviewing applications for undergraduate admissions; and building relationships with high school counselors. This position has specific focus on increasing the number of new freshmen recruited and retained by the University.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Manage a specific territory of prospective students throughout the recruitment cycle, including regular correspondence and timely follow up with inquiries and applicants in order to facilitate enrollment of new freshman students
- Evaluate freshman application files and recommend admission and scholarship decisions to the Dean of Undergraduate Admission
- Meet with prospective students and their families during individual campus visits or other scheduled recruitment events on campus.
- Develop a schedule to represent the university at assigned college fairs and high school visits.
- Serve as the administrative support liaison between prospective students and the Office of Financial Aid Services
Bachelor’s degree. Energetic and motivated candidates who excel at building relationships and work well in a collaborative environment. Candidates must demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Computer literacy skills must include MS Office tools.
Evening and weekend work may be necessary in order to accomplish enrollment goals. A valid Illinois driver’s license and a safe driving record is also required.
Master’s degree preferred and previous admissions or enrollment management experience. Bilingual candidates preferred.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/1961
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.