Assistant Professor of Elementary Education
Vacancy number: 1030
Fort Valley State University is currently accepting applications for a 10-month, two-year temporary position for Assistant Professor of Elementary Education in the College of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Willingness to possibly serve in a leadership role for the Early Childhood (Elementary Education)
- Teach courses in a face-to-face, blended, and/or online format
- Advise students at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Serve on and chair research and other committees
- Perform service and administrative tasks necessary to ensure excellence in educator preparation at Fort Valley State University
- Observe candidates in lab schools
- Use Livetext as an instructional platform, preferrably
- Analyze data to inform instruction
- Assist with writing state-mandated reports
- Doctorate or Educational Specialist required in Early Childhood (Elementary Education)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching content in Early Childhood (Elementary Education) programs.
- Experience in Pk-5 schools
- Early Childhood (Elementary Education) certification
- Documentation of coursework completion in Language Development and Literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated record of membership and participation in relevant professional organizations
- A record of service and involvement in the profession
- Ability to use technology for synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Experience/familiarity with NAYCE accreditation process preferred
- Ability to maintain an active career balance across the areas of teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Regular office environment, climate controlled, and lab schools
Physical and Sensory requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
– FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number) - available at www.fvsu.edu/employment
– Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
– Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
– List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.