CREATING POOL OF APPLICANTS FOR BOTH PERMANENT & EXTRA HELP
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 01-01-2017
Under direct supervision from a supervisor who is responsible for the coordination of necessary work, the designation of the supervisor being dependent on the organizational structure in the operating unit, to perform skilled work in the trade of painter.
1. Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman painter, with a minimum of four (4) years of actual work at the trade, including apprentice or vocational training.
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
3. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. Skill in the use of tools and equipment.
2. Capable of planning work and mixing paint colorants for a variety of paints.
3. Ability to harmonize colors and coordinate interior or exterior patterns on maintenance or construction work.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.