Cosmetology Program Assistant (P/T Grant funded), CPRN10465BTEC
Maintains Cosmetology Program student records in accordance with Illinois State licensing requirements. Serves as resident expert for point of sale software system training faculty and assisting students in using the system while generating required reports. Assists in the development of social media and other program marketing materials and tracking. Provides general program support and reception services for faculty, students, clients and visitors who interface with the Cosmetology program.
Position Title: Cosmetology Program Assistant (P/T Grant funded), CPRN10465BTEC
Duties of Position:
- Maintain and communicate records of Cosmetology student hours per Illinois state law.
- Prepare Cosmetology student transcripts per Illinois state law.
- Maintain and store Cosmetology student files to include internships, enrollment agreements, applications and testing reports.
- Serve as resident expert for point of sale software system includes data input, report generation, training faculty and assisting students.
- Assist with development and tracking of social media and other Cosmetology Program marketing activities.
- Provide general program support e.g. product inventory, supply orders, cash handling and salon deposit preparation, office equipment maintenance.
- Provide reception services to include client appointment scheduling, answering phones, greeting visitors.
- Assist at Cosmetology program events on and off campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year in an office or customer service position requiring detailed reporting.
EDUCATION: One (1) full-time term of college level coursework or equivalent part-time college enrollment.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year in a position at a post-secondary institution.
EDUCATION: Associates degree or higher.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, calculator, multi-line phone, copier, scanner, fax, ID reader.
General office conditions at the Addison Center. Flexible schedule with some evening and weekend hours required.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Business - BUSIN
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt