Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor - Physical Therapy #20170052FAC
Position Title - Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job Posting Number - 20170052FAC
Job Location - San Marcos
Department of Physical Therapy
The Department of Physical Therapy at Texas State University is seeking faculty at the assistant professor, associate professor, or professor rank for a nine-month tenure track appointment with possible summer employment annually. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include teaching, scholarship, academic/research advising, and service in the entry-level DPT program. The ideal candidate will have university teaching experience that enhances the department’s teaching, scholarship, and service across a variety of settings.
1. Earned doctorate in physical therapy or related field (terminal degree).
2. Eligible for licensure in Texas; at least 5 years of clinical practice experience and some degree of recent/current clinical engagement if employed in an academic setting.
3. Possess broad clinical and/or teaching experience with a variety of patient populations in a variety of settings.
4. Demonstrated ability to establish a program of scholarship.
5. To be eligible for hire at the associate professor or professor rank, candidate must meet the requirements for that rank as established by the university and department. The applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
1. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of professionals within the university or clinical setting.
2. Demonstrated leadership in education and/or clinical practice.
3. Professional association membership with demonstrated active participation and commitment to service.
4. Evidence of recent grantsmanship.
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/18435, will be accepted and considered. To apply send letter of intent that specifically addresses the qualifications noted in this posting, current curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date - Fall 2017
Review Date - 03/01/2017
Open Until Filled? Yes
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference