Unit 5 District Site Coordinator
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 02-06-2017
Purpose: To serve as a liaison and coordinator between the appropriate school district and the School of Teaching and Learning at Illinois State University
The Site Coordinator will:
- Represent the District in its relationship with Illinois State University.
- Facilitate meaningful communication between Illinois State University, the District, school administrators, mentor teachers, and Illinois State University interns.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate the program's goals, objectives, outcomes and needs to the appropriate District and University personnel.
The Site Coordinator's duties include:
- Provide input to District administration, certified staff and University representatives regarding the implementation of the Professional Development School.
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of the Professional Development School Partnership's goals and objectives
- Integrate the utilization of technology in all components of the Professional Development School
- Implement the Professional Development School within the established parameters and guidelines as determined by the District and University
- Create and distribute to the appropriate audience guidelines and handbooks for the Professional Development School
- Conduct on-going evaluations of the program's impact and make recommendations for improvement regarding new or revised best practices and protocols of the Professional Development School program to the District and the University
- Assist in the research and development of best teaching practices and protocols for the Professional Development School program
The Site Coordinator's specific coordination responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate the operation of the PDS in the district
- Support the university instructor/s, university faculty/university staff in the implementation of the fall coursework requirements and the student teaching program requirements
- Coordinate the placement of all interns with district mentors
- Coordinate the selection and support of district mentors collaborating in the PDS throughout the academic year
- Plan, organize and implement in-service for the interns and their mentor teachers?it is preferred that site coordinators involve university personnel when able
- Collect and submit appropriate reports to the District and University
- Provide district orientation and consultation for incoming Illinois State University interns and district mentors
The Site Coordinator's specific supervision responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in supervising Illinois State University interns through all phases of their year-long internship
- Assist in the evaluation of student interns' performance
- Visit, on regular basis, all interns at their designated location within the District
- Fall semester: 3 visits to each intern are required
- Spring semester: 6 visits (4 observations) are required
Compensation for site coordinator duties is $1,252 per month for a nine-month appointment. In addition to those responsibilities, the site coordinator will be compensated an additional $952 per month for one course to be taught during the fall semester. Additional compensation for student supervision in the spring is based on the number of students the site coordinator will supervise.
This position is represented by the Non-Tenure Track Faculty Association and may have associated dues or fees.
- Elementary K-9 Teaching Certificate (previous or current)
- Master's Degree
- Previous Teaching Experience
- Strong written and oral communication
- State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.