Head Cross Country/Assistant Softball Coach
FILLING THE POSITION WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON STATE APPROPRIATE FUNDS AVAILABILITY
Required: Bachelor’s degree required and/or related work experience.
Must be willing to travel.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
Previous coaching and playing experience required
Preferred:Preferably at the collegiate level coaching and playing
• Assist in coaching and schedule games, practices and conditioning:
• Monitor Student-Athletes academic performance: Responsible for monitoring the academic success of the student-athletes in her/his program.
• Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all College policies, NCAA Division III policies, and conference requirements.
• Follow established guidelines and procedures.
• Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and participate on the team. Encourage applications from a diverse group.
• Execute an annual recruiting plan identifying specific outcomes to be achieved.
• Maintain database of information regarding recruiting, including number of contacts, number applied, number visited, number accepted, and number enrolled.
• Correspond with prospects using a variety of communication channels; including written, in person contact, phone, home visits, and official visits.
• Assistant in executing an instructional practice and competitive schedule based on an assessment of the student-athletes’ needs, including pre and post season and traditional and non-traditional seasons (when applicable).
• Execute, in collaboration with the head coach, organized and objective based practices.
• Function as a member of the department working together for common objectives.
• Communicate and cooperate with department staff to facilitate group purpose and mission.
• Responsible for your own work.
• Stay current with the sport-specific developments in the profession.
• Supervise Graduate Assistants and student employees: Assist the head coach in supervising staff when appropriate. Work cooperatively with all members of the staff. Assist with development and direction of a graduate assistant. Hire and pay wages to all work study, line judges, and scorekeepers.
• Camps: Coordinate summer camps on campus of Sul Ross State University, at the direction of the head coach.
• Scouting: Assist head coach in film review and development of scouting report.
• Social Media: Update and track all social media outlets for the program. Monitor all social media from the student-athletes, managers, and staff of the program.
• The head coach is the assistant coaches immediate supervisor in all matters with Sul Ross State University. In order to insure a highly competitive NCAA Division III athletics program, performance of these duties will be continually evaluated and monitored.
• Monitor and balance the team budgets: Must provide input and work cooperatively with the head coach and athletic director in budgeting for and requisitioning all goods and services needed and used in her/his sport program. This includes but is not limited to supplies, equipment, apparel, team travel, recruiting, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. This position is Security Sensitive.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job‑related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.