Head Cross Country/Assistant Softball Coach
FILLING THE POSITION WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON STATE APPROPRIATE FUNDS AVAILABILITY
Required: Bachelor’s degree required and/or related work experience.
Must be willing to travel.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
Previous coaching and playing experience required
Preferred:Preferably at the collegiate level coaching and playing
• Assist in coaching and schedule games, practices and conditioning:
• Monitor Student-Athletes academic performance: Responsible for monitoring the academic success of the student-athletes in her/his program.
• Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all College policies, NCAA Division III policies, and conference requirements.
• Follow established guidelines and procedures.
• Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and participate on the team. Encourage applications from a diverse group.
• Execute an annual recruiting plan identifying specific outcomes to be achieved.
• Maintain database of information regarding recruiting, including number of contacts, number applied, number visited, number accepted, and number enrolled.
• Correspond with prospects using a variety of communication channels; including written, in person contact, phone, home visits, and official visits.
• Assistant in executing an instructional practice and competitive schedule based on an assessment of the student-athletes’ needs, including pre and post season and traditional and non-traditional seasons (when applicable).
• Execute, in collaboration with the head coach, organized and objective based practices.
• Function as a member of the department working together for common objectives.
• Communicate and cooperate with department staff to facilitate group purpose and mission.
• Responsible for your own work.
• Stay current with the sport-specific developments in the profession.
• Supervise Graduate Assistants and student employees: Assist the head coach in supervising staff when appropriate. Work cooperatively with all members of the staff. Assist with development and direction of a graduate assistant. Hire and pay wages to all work study, line judges, and scorekeepers.
• Camps: Coordinate summer camps on campus of Sul Ross State University, at the direction of the head coach.
• Scouting: Assist head coach in film review and development of scouting report.
• Social Media: Update and track all social media outlets for the program. Monitor all social media from the student-athletes, managers, and staff of the program.
• The head coach is the assistant coaches immediate supervisor in all matters with Sul Ross State University. In order to insure a highly competitive NCAA Division III athletics program, performance of these duties will be continually evaluated and monitored.
• Monitor and balance the team budgets: Must provide input and work cooperatively with the head coach and athletic director in budgeting for and requisitioning all goods and services needed and used in her/his sport program. This includes but is not limited to supplies, equipment, apparel, team travel, recruiting, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. This position is Security Sensitive.