Administrative Assistant for Donor Stewardship and Parent Programs
The Administrative Assistant for Donor Stewardship and Parent Programs is a critical member of Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs. This position is primarily responsible for the prompt and accurate receipting, acknowledgement, and record keeping of all gift and pledge payments received by the College. In addition, this position will provide administrative support to the Assistant Director of Development – Parent Programs and the Assistant Director of Development – Alumni/ae Programs.
- Executes the receipting and acknowledgement process of gifts received by the College generating accurate correspondence in the form of acknowledgement letters, automated and custom emails, and gift receipts.
- Maintains up to date copies of acknowledgement letters, donation backup materials, and gift receipts for Annandale and satellite programs.
- Manages updates of all thank you letters and emails from the College
- Responds to donor requests for tax records, additional information, electronic receipts as directed
- Supports efforts for custom donor stewardship events and initiatives.
- Parent Programs:
- Assist in maintaining accurate Parent records for current and former parents in the College database
- Assist in the creation of the monthly parent eNewsletter—the Annandale Insider—and maintain the social media and web presence for the Parent Programs.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for all parent events.
- Generates parent donor and prospect coding, tracking, and reports as needed.
- Assist in coordination of on and off campus events such as visits for guests, prospect and/or donor lunches, dinners or meetings; phonathons and commencements.
- Process requisitions for payment for the Assistant Director of Development, Parent Programs and Young Alumni/ae as needed.
- Provides back up to the phones at the front desk and assists in reception duties for the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs including greeting visitors.
- Assist with campus wide events, such as Commencement/Reunion Weekend, Arrival Day, and Family Weekend and other events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability in the care and handling of highly confidential financial and personal information.
- Excellent organizational and administrative abilities.
- Meticulous and efficient attention to detail.
- Enjoy working with multiple constituencies including managers, volunteers, donors, alumni/ae, students, faculty and staff with a customer service focus.
- Capacity to work simultaneously and efficiently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with iModules or other email marketing software a plus.
B.A., B.S., or A.A degree
Must possess superior organizational and administrative abilities
Microsoft Office, with Excel and mail merge expertise required
Experience with Google Apps preferred
Experience working for a non-profit institution
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/40541
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.