Functional Title Compliance Assistant
Position Type Staff
Duties and Responsibilities
The Compliance Assistant is responsible in collaboration with the Director of Compliance and Senior Associate Athletics Director/Senior Woman's Administrator for assisting with all facets of University, Southern Conference and NCAA athletics compliance, including developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive, transparent, and effective athletics compliance program. The Compliance Assistant will assist the Director of Compliance in the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Compliance Office including assisting with compliance rules education programs for coaches, staff, student-athletes, and external groups to ensure appropriate people are knowledgeable of and comply with pertinent NCAA and Southern Conference standards; assisting in the preparation of NCAA required reporting (APR and GSR), assisting with interpretive questions, NCAA waivers (PTD, legislative, etc.) as appropriate; and conducting internal monitoring and auditing programs that adapt with continuously changing regulations. This position is also responsible for assisting with the hiring and supervising of compliance office student-workers and interns. This individual is responsible for following the policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA in day-to-day operation of the program.
The duties and responsibilities of the Compliance Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Director of Compliance in all aspects of NCAA Compliance.
- Collaborating with the Director of Compliance to develop and implement athletics compliance policies and procedures.
- Administering, educating, monitoring and enforcing institutional, Southern Conference and NCAA compliance policies and procedures for all intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Assisting with development of a comprehensive educational compliance program for all institutional coaches, student-athletes, faculty and staff regarding NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations.
- Researching and issuing interpretations of NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations for all seventeen sport coaches, as well as all student-athletes, Department of Athletics' administrators and staff, institutional administrators and staff, and boosters.
- Assisting with preparation of NCAA and Southern Conference forms, reports, waivers and appeals to appropriate governing bodies within the NCAA and Southern Conference.
- Managing student-athlete records in the applicable database (e.g., Compliance Assistant, JumpForward).
- Monitoring all recruiting systems, including phone logs, contact evaluation forms, etc.
- Assisting the Director of Compliance throughout the initial eligibility certification process for all incoming freshman and transfer student-athletes.
- Assisting with Bi-Annual Compliance team meetings and managing all resulting paperwork.
- Assisting the Director of Compliance with implementation of the National Letter of Intent Program and distribution of Financial Aid Agreements.
- Assisting with the monitoring and approval efforts of the Compliance Office as it pertains to most aspects of Bylaw 17, including but not limited to, declaration of all teams' playing and practice season submissions, vacation period and final exam notifications/reminders, participation logs, practice logs, and competition schedules.
- Assisting with communication and submission of documentation to other schools relating to permission to contact and transfer tracers for student-athletes at other schools, as well as, for currently enrolled student-athletes.
- Maintaining and evaluating the compliance website and social media outlets.
- Assisting the Senior Associate Athletics Director/Senior Woman's Administrator and Director of Compliance with other duties as requested.
Essential Functions Include
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community and the public.
- Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors in written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain files accurately and prepare records and reports.
This position requires initiative, someone with a high energy, and working evening and weekend assignments.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- In addition, this individual needs to have experience with NCAA CAi software, recruiting software programs, and Microsoft suite.
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in NCAA Compliance at the Division I level is preferred.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur when an applicant is being considered for an interview. This is the only notification to the applicant that the references provided will be contacted during the search process, when the applicants is possibly being considered for an interview.
Applicants are required to upload the following document:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript
Applicants will have the option to upload the following documents:
- Reference Letters 1,2,3 (letters that applicant may have available at the time of applying)
Recruitment Range Commensurate Upon Experience
Org #-Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001
Job Open Date 09/14/2016
For Best Consideration Date 10/05/2016
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have experience with NCAA CA software and recruiting software programs?
- * Do you have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in NCAA Compliance at the Division I level is preferred.
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu