Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor (Tenure track or Tenured)
Functional Title Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor (Tenure track or Tenured)
Position Type Tenure Stream
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro School of Nursing is ACEN and CCNE accredited and is a NLN Center of Excellence in Faculty Development. The University has over 18,000 students and is classified by Carnegie as a research university with high research activity. The School of Nursing has over 1,300 students enrolled in BSN, RN-BSN, MSN, MSN/MBA, DNP and PhD programs.
The School of Nursing invites applicants for tenured or tenure track faculty positions. Competitive applicants are expected to have a strong program of research, with a history of, or strong likelihood of research funding.
In addition, successful faculty candidates will support the teaching, research, practice and service mission of the School.
Responsibilities include engaging in research, teaching, directing and serving on capstone projects and dissertation committees, and engaging in academic and community service.
Salary, rank, and tenure status are dependent on prior experience or maturation of the candidate's program of research, and history of extramural funding. This is a 9-month academic year appointment.
- A doctorate in Nursing (PhD, DNP or DNS) or a related field.
- Eligibility for RN licensure in North Carolina.
- A strong program of research, with a history of, or strong likelihood of research funding.
The successful candidate will have a record of scholarship and evidence of teaching ability consistent with a tenure/tenure track appointment at a research university.
- Research programs that link with current initiatives and research teams in maternal child health, chronic illness, health disparities, gerontology, nursing workforce or nursing education (e.g., effectiveness of simulation.
- Demonstrated capability to seek and obtain extramural grants and contracts.
- Interest or experience with a broad range of scholarly methodologies relevant for applied/action-oriented scholarship.
- Experience with on-line pedagogy.
Tenure Status Tenure, Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
References will be requested when selected for interview.
Position is available Spring 2016.
Review of the applications will begin December 19, 2015 and will continue until the positions are filled.
Candidates must provide the following information:
- A letter of application that addresses stated responsibilities and qualifications.
- Examples of scholarly work (upload under Other Documents)
- Current curriculum vitae.
- When selected for interview, the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three or more references.
Direct any telephone inquiries to Dr. Robin Remsburg, at 336-334-5016.
To apply please submit materials through jobsearch.uncg.edu and apply for position #2008/4682
Recruitment Range Communserate with experience and achievement
Org #-Department School of Nursing - 12802
Job Open Date 12/01/2014
For Best Consideration Date 12/19/2014
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Full-Time
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- Other Documents
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu