Assistant Professor, Department of Interior Architecture
Functional Title Assistant Professor, Department of Interior Architecture
Position Type Tenure Stream
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Department of Interior Architecture (IARc) seeks to fill the position of Assistant Professor. IARc is a community of scholars active in design theory and practice who embrace a wide variety of disciplines that inform the design of the built environment, including interior design, architecture, product design, social sciences, historic preservation, the arts and humanities.
With nine full-time faculty and an enrollment of 150 undergraduates and 15 graduate students, the department offers a CIDA accredited first professional (BFA) in Interior Architecture, a post-professional (MFA) degree in Interior Architecture, and a post-baccalaureate certificate in Historic Preservation. Faculty are energetically engaged in a range of teaching and research scholarship activities that reflect our program's core values: authenticity, community, innovation, and stewardship.
UNCG is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V employer and are strongly committed to increasing faculty diversity.
An ideal candidate for the position will be an open, energetic team player who contributes significantly to undergraduate and graduate education, design scholarship and creativity, and service to academic and professional institutions.
- Teach each semester one upper level or graduate level studio and support courses in design history and theory, historic preservation, and/or related areas of expertise
- Pursue an active program of peer-reviewed scholarship or creative activity
- Engage in an ongoing dialogue about the program and design practice
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Supervise student research projects and theses
- Provide service to the department, college, university and community
- Terminal degree in interior design or related field with demonstrated expertise in interiors
- Expertise in design history and theory, historic preservation, or related areas
- Ability to teach upper level studios and in a support area related to the candidate's expertise
- NCIDQ certification or willingness and qualifications to take the exam prior to 3-year
- LEED accreditation,
- Teaching and practical experience,
- Digital design competency
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application materials must be electronically submitted through UNCGjobsearch and should include a statement of interest, your teaching philosophy, your research and/or creative activity, a portfolio with personal creative or scholarly work and student work, and a curriculum vita.
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system.
Direct inquiries to Travis Hicks (firstname.lastname@example.org), Search Committee Chair. For more information about IARc, visit https://iarc.uncg.edu.
Recruitment Range Salary is commensurate with experience.
Org #-Department Interior Architecture - 12406
Job Open Date 10/18/2016
For Best Consideration Date 12/01/2016
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Link to Professional Portfolio
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample(s)
- Research Statement
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu