Assistant Director of Residence Life
This position will provide leadership and contribute to the mission and goals in the area of Residence Life & Housing. The Assistant Director must be self-directed and team oriented. They will work on a collaborative professional team with other members of the Residence Life & Housing and the Division of Student Life to promote a community that fosters learning, promotes inclusion and self-governance and seeks engagement from its members. The Assistant Director will also develop and cultivate relationships with students, faculty and staff across the college and have a good working knowledge of residential liberal arts environment. Primary Duties Include
- Oversee a residential environment of 600-800 students, ensuring the provision of an academically, intellectually, and socially involved community. This includes the supervision and evaluation of Community Advisors and indirectly Resident Advisors or House & Apartment Managers, as well as advising of community governance groups. Assistant Director is required to live on campus. Campus housing will be provided and is part of the total compensation package.
- Provide strategic leadership and daily administration for a dynamic residential program including administrative, programmatic, and facility functions in accordance with the division and department's strategic plan to enhance the student experience.
- Respond to student concerns through engaging in conversations, providing referrals, and collaborating with offices on and off campus to assure the concerns are addressed.
- Work collaboratively with other college offices/departments, community partners, and neighbors to coordinate the development of partnerships for delivery of programs and service to residential areas. Act as a liaison with the community, students, faculty, staff, and parents in facilitating the residential program and student housing.
- Participate in the Student Life on Call rotation, providing 24-hour support to students at the College.
- Coordinate student housing processes, including the annual housing selection/assignment process, break/transitional housing, and housing accommodations
- Serve on departmental and divisional committees,as assigned.
- Participate in the student conduct resolution process by facilitating informal and administrative hearings for assigned cases, as needed.