Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Curry College invites applications for an Intramural Coordinator in our Fitness & Recreation Department. This is a 10 month, 40 hour per week position working a Sunday – Thursday work schedule on the second shift. The appointment period for this position is August through May. Under the direction of the Associate Director for Fitness Center, the Intramural Coordinator is responsible for the management and implementation of a comprehensive recreation and intramural program for all students of varying interests and levels of play ability. This includes but is not limited to Men’s, Women’s, and Co-Ed intramurals, on and off-campus recreational opportunities, exercise classes, club sports and open gym hours. The incumbent will also be responsible for serving as a Student Center Building Supervisor 2 nights per week and may cover additional hours as needed in the evenings/weekends.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all intramurals and manage the intramural and recreation programs;
- Schedule all leagues, tournaments and special events;
- Management of all intramural events including supervise competitions, schedule and coordinate officials and other event staff;
- Track equipment and create/manage a replacement plan;
- Policy and procedure implementation for intramural and recreation activities (waivers, rosters, etc.) in coordination with the college’s Risk Manager;
- Coordinate and implement campus wide marketing and advertising strategies;
- Coordinate schedule for use of the gyms, fields, courts and off-site facilities;
- Maintain Intramural website, portal page and social media accounts;
- Assist with supporting the management of club sports and coaches;
- Provide support to the Associate Director as needed with Recreational Services (Budget planning, wellness programs, etc.);
Student Employment Supervision
- Interview, hire and train student staff on sport specific officiating and emergency response protocols;
- Supervise student staff on duty during their shifts;
- Manage operational budget for Intramural program;
- Responsible for oversight and approval of student employee payroll;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sports management or related field.
- Two to Four years’ intramural and/or recreational experience.
- Knowledge of intramural rules, regulations and scheduling.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Experience officiating one or more major team sports such as: flag football, softball, soccer, basketball or volleyball.
- Ability to handle student emergencies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- First Aid and CPR certifications (preferred).
- Personal Training Certification (preferred).
- Active in National Intramural Recreation Sports (NIRSA) is preferred.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.