Administrative Coordinator- Mathematics
The Mathematics department seeks to hire a full-time administrative coordinator to assist within the department. Reporting directly to the Chair of Mathematics, along with the CUNY Title Overview, the Administrative Coordinator will perform the following tasks:
- Assisting the Chair with administrative tasks related to office and personnel management
- Coordinating administrative activities performed by office staff in the department
- Manages the Chair's calendar and sets up meeting requests from faculty, staff and other stakeholders
- Updates and maintains spreadsheets and records pertaining to faculty matters, budgets, students and alumni
- Updating departmental workloads reports
- Maintain department website.
- Assist with arrangements for special events (e.g., conferences, reservations of rooms, colloquia, and makeup exams).
- Assist in training new employees regarding various office procedures and the use of office machines.
- Input department course schedules into CUNYfirst.
- Answer surveys from Math societies regarding departmental faculty and students.
- Process declaration of major/minor forms for students.
Often referred to as "the jewel of the CUNY system", Queens College sits on 80 acres of land and is a place of contrast: an urban school in a suburban setting. It is a place where a large and diverse student body receives personalized attention. This formula has made us one of New York's premier educational institutions.
With a mission to prepare students to become leading citizens of an increasingly global society, we offer a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to both teaching and research. Our liberal arts, science and pre-professional programs earn us high rankings in prestigious college guides such as The Princeton Review America's Best Value colleges. Our students graduate with the ability to think critically, address complex problems, explore various cultures, use modern technologies and information resources, and have won prominence in nearly every field.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- BA in mathematics
- Experience working with students in a higher education setting
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
- Excellent computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (16286)
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
March 25, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queens College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator- Mathematics
Job ID: 16286
Full/Part Time: Full-Time