Administrative Executive Assistant - President's Office
Reporting to the Chief of Staff and working closely with the President, the Executive Assistant will provide confidential support to the President and Chief of Staff including managing the daily operations of the Office of the President.
Coordinate and oversee all aspects of the President's daily schedule including:
Contact donors, faculty, staff, alumni, local politicians and others to coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, events, etc.
Research and prepare materials for all meetings, speeches including collecting or creating meeting agendas; coordinating special arrangements for the room for set up, ordering food, setting up phone for conference calls, etc.
Liaison with Special Events regarding President's speaking engagements. Schedule time for the event and speech prep. Make sure all speeches and remarks are being prepared and handled in the appropriate time for every event.
Monitor the work of the support staff.
Prepare and oversee the President's evening work, including briefing for the next day, emails and reading.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides support to a Campus or University Executive, organizing and supervising unit activities.
- Creates appointment and meeting schedules, arranges meetings, and prepares for a variety of special events. Maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule.
- Coordinates Executive communications, including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity. May respond to public inquiries as well as requests from within the Campus/University community.
- Organizes, creates, and distributes key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities.
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization.
- May supervise office staff, performing basic Human Resources functions such as recruiting and interviewing.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Assistant
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 13, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Administrative Executive Assistant - President's Office
Job ID: 16283
Full/Part Time: Full-Time