Writer and Editor
Academic Search, Inc. is looking for a Writer and Editor to work in their Washington, D.C. office.
The Writer and Editor is a full-time employee of the firm. This role will carry the distinct responsibility of responding to proposal requests, preparing client presentations, drafting and editing firm documents and preparing the copy of marketing materials for meetings and conferences. The highest ethical standards are paramount.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Writer and Editor include but are not limited to the following:
Triage and develop customized and timely proposals for submission to requesting entities
- Serve as point of contact for RFP/proposal process with timely responses to internal and external stake holders
- Research and customize each proposal, and deliver in a timely manner allowing adequate time for appropriate senior consultants to review and for others to prepare needed documents or reports
- Ensure accuracy of requested information
- Coordinate the assignment of senior consultants through VPAF and president
- Maintain accurate data concerning submitted proposals and produce reports as requested
- Maintain up-to-date references, bios, etc.
- Continually update and improve standard templates
- Produce correspondence as requested by senior consultants (ie: Letter of Intent)
Increase RFP and proposal acceptance rates year over year
- Maintain and update accurate database of all state systems issuing RFPs
- Secure and maintain general services agreements for all states and/or institutions with such agreements; keep list of all service agreements and expirations
- Coordinate and distribute weekly Business Generation Report
- Provide edited copy of new website materials as determined by VPAF
- Provide edited copy of new marketing materials as determined by VPAF
Prepare all client presentations
- Create customized client presentations as needed
- Research and provide background information for all formal presentations and telephone interviews
Handle all matters related to conference vendor assignments
- Coordinate all pre and post communication to prospective new clients
- Prepare materials related to table displays, documents, etc.
- Substantial business writing or proposal writing experience
- Demonstrated MS Office skills essential -Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Work experience at a college, university or higher education related organization is strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit that leads to meeting or exceeding client expectations
Professional Skills Required:
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including command of the English language
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work as needed to complete projects
- Ability to adapt to new technology systems
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Willing to offer new ideas or solutions to run both organizations better
- Willingness to travel as directed
The salary will be $50,000 – $55,000 depending on experience. Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) contributions, short and long term disability insurance, full paid health insurance for self, and basic life insurance.
Applications should include: a cover letter that describes your interest in joining Academic Search, Inc. and details how you meet the ideal candidate requirements. In addition, please provide a complete resume, the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of five references, none of whom will be contacted without permission of the candidate. A writing sample should also be attached to your materials.
Academic Search, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical disabilities, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for Writer and Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly