Call Center Agent
Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 4,000 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Quincy College Mission Statement
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee's performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
The Call Center Agent is primarily responsible for providing a professional, friendly reception experience to all students, faculty, and staff. Successful Candidates must be courteous, professional, dependable, organized, and available to work evenings and weekends. Responsibilities of the Call Center Agent include: Accurately answering questions regarding admissions requirements, registration, and course offerings, as well as, professional email correspondence, office project assistance, and order/track basic office inventory. Assignment/ travel between the Quincy and Plymouth campuses may be required.
- Administer phones calls to prospective, current and inquiring students.
- Assist teams in the recruiting process for summer, fall, winter and spring.
- Promptly and courteously respond to emails, phone calls, and other requests from students, campus partners, and external constituents.
- Representing the College with a positive and professional presentation to current students, prospective students, visitors, and faculty.
- Managing supply inventory and making sure that office supplies are readily available as needed including: paper for the copy machine, toner, markers, etc.
- Accepting forms and paper work from students and faculty, and provides appropriate follow-up.
- Following College policies and procedures.
- Assist in correspondence including, but not limited to, the Office email address and various Social Media channels
- Maintains a professional work environment at the front reception area at all times.
- Performing other clerical duties as needed such as filing, scanning, and photocopying, collating, data entry.
- Assist in all College functions, including but not limited to, orientations, open houses, welcome sessions, commencements, honors convivium, community and college meetings.
- Participate in relevant professional development opportunities.
- Participate in mandatory training/coursework, including but not limited to:
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Non-Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Security Policy and Notification of Security Reporting
- Municipal Ethics Law
- Assume other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Travel: Assignment/ travel between the Quincy and Plymouth campuses may be required.
Educational Criteria: High school Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
Qualifications: A minimum of one year of experience in higher education is preferred, willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team, and a proven ability to create a safe and welcoming environment for students from diverse backgrounds are all requirements of this position. Experience working with freshman, transfer, and non-traditional students is strongly preferred. Special consideration will be given to applicants with experience using computer-mediated technology and social media. The incumbent will also display:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as other office software applications
- Ability to exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and build working relationships with faculty, staff and students
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills and interpersonal communication skills required.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Please submit the following documents online:
Three Professional References