Director of Enrollment Operations and Communications
Great opportunity to lead an excellent team and make a real impact on a great community. If you are an ambitious and talented "up-and-comer" who wants to take the next step or a more experienced professional looking to join a strong and professional enrollment leadership team this is a perfect opportunity.”
Coordinating with enrollment management and retention leadership, and supporting the Directors of Admissions, Financial Aid, and Continuing Education and Outreach, in strategic development, organization, direction, of all enrollment operations and also of execution of printed and e-marketing communication and recruitment initiatives. Responsible for: management of the day-to-day administrative operations and admissions application and data processing of the admissions office; supervision of the operations staff members; maintenance of superior customer service, publications inventory, and all social media, digital and print communication flow with prospective and current students; support campus visits and events coordination; frequent weekend work; and other duties as assigned. Manage and project budgets and calculate ROI.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years admissions, marketing, or operations experience with progressive experience. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Experiences with production of a variety of media, particularly social media and print publications.
- Proficient in database management and data integrity processes
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience and proficiency with information technologies including database management (Technolutions SLATE, Hobsons AY and EMT CONNECT, ELLUCIAN BANNER, EAB SSC) and web-based initiatives such as social media platforms and basic HTML and graphic design.
- Proficient in mail systems and knowledge including QAS, post office regulations.
- Experience should demonstrate familiarity with marketing practices, management skills, supervisory skills, attentiveness to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple projects, strong oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and Lean management principles and processes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Manage the processing and review of applications for Admissions to all programs, developing new application materials as needed, coordinating committees, defining and revising the review process, and ensuring that technical support and data entry are complete and successful.
- Manage the development and delivery of admissions-related publications and promotional materials, including both print and web-based/electronic formats.
- The ability to lead systems that facilitate efficiency and timeliness in a high-volume, highly technical environment.
- Liaisons with IT in developing, implementing, maintaining, and demonstrating new technologies to better serve Admissions; providing leadership, planning and technical expertise for services that support the University's enrollment goals.
- Supervise daily communications to prospective students, applicants and incoming students. This includes electronic and print copy and support of e-marketing and social media campaigns.
- Work with the enrollment management leadership as well as other departments to continuously assess and incorporate marketing campaign needs across online and offline marketing mediums.
- Work with senior leadership team to make decision about the enrollment management strategies of the university.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of document imaging systems.
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned.
ROUTINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include supervision of staff and oversight of duties associated with data entry, application processing and communications flow.
- Responsible for managing prospect management work flow system
- Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of the department’s communication plan to prospective and admitted students.
- Evaluate and execute admission decisions on applicant files
- Supervise and manage the support staff of the department
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Participates in school and university committees related to enrollment management.
- Supervises and participates in task assignments of admissions staff (including GA’s.)
- Co-leads new technology initiatives
- Develops, coordinates and facilitates staff training.
- Serves as troubleshooter for the transition from present technology to the new student management system and new prospect management/application system.
- Responsible for day-to-day and long term operation and growth of technology for recruiting, marketing and admissions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media roadmap & strategy to increase Stetson University’s awareness and interactivity to both undergraduate and graduate prospective students. Create a written plan to document progress of strategy and roadmap.
- Lead and supervise web site development, e-marketing and email communication initiatives for student recruitment.
- In collaboration with the Communications and IT offices the manager will assist with the annual production of the college’s key web publications and projects, features, mini-sites, tours, etc.
- Work with all areas of the enrollment division to incorporate marketing campaigns across offline and online marketing mediums such as print, e-mail, social networking and media.
- Monitor trends in social media channels, tools and applications, and apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at Stetson University.
- Assess budget needs and submit annual budget requests and effectively manage budgets to support e-marketing and social media efforts.
- Become an expert in Stetson’s web analytics tools for the admissions department.
- Report weekly on campaign effectiveness and ROI to maximize productivity.
- Assists with on-going assessment and evaluation of data and trends.
- Interacts daily and monitors Slate, Banner, SSC, ARGOS, Blackboard and all other campus technology solutions for greatest effectiveness