Licensed Social Worker
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Licensed Social Worker is responsible for managing client care that include treatment planning, discharge planning, referrals and linkage to services. The clinical social worker functions within a multi-disciplinary team with other Forensic Center staff and collaterals to provide comprehensive case management to the client.
• Conducts clinical interviews and screenings to determine appropriate needs and care of clients
• Conducts case management planning and discharge planning as part of coordinating services for clients
• Provides linkage to services based on client assessed needs and care
• Assists with the referral to enroll clients into services
• Completes and maintains documentation in accordance with HIPPA and funding requirements
• Consults with assigned clinical manager, other psychotherapists and consulting psychiatrists on details of cases and treatment plans
• Contacts other social service agencies, hospitals, courts, and public mental health organizations; makes referrals, discusses progress of case or obtains case-related information
• Writes reports and performs administrative duties related to the position in an organized and timely manner
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have knowledge in clinical psychology , forensic mental health, and therapeutic modalities to address psychosocial dysfunctions and mental illness
• Must have knowledge of regulatory standards governing clinical care and operations
• Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must have experience with diverse populations
• Must be able to work independently and in a fast pace environment
• Must be able to work as part of a coordinated team
•Licensed social worker to practice in the state of Illinois
•Approved background check
*Salary varies by degree and years of professional experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.