Functional Title Coordinator
Position Type Administration - Staff
New Student Transtions & First Year Experience (NST & FYE) is committed to providing a comprehensive and collaborative approach to ensure the success and retention of our new students. NST & FYE helps new students and their families navigate the transition to college by connecting them to the people, programs, and resources at UNC Greensboro which provide a solid foundation for student success.
Within New Student Transitions and First Year Experience, the Academic Transitions staff coordinates day-to-day operations for student leadership development in support of the Spartan Orientation Staff, Foundations for Learning Peer Academic Leaders, and Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society. This staff also coordinates the Keker First Year Common Read, Foundations for Learning Program, Academic Advising Inventory, and Financial Literacy intiatives throughout the academic school year. This position reports to the Senior Associate Director for New Student Transitions and First Year Experience.
The Coordinator has the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Oversight for the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of the Spartan Orientation Staff and Peer Academic Leaders;
- Assist with the solicitation of sponsors in support of student leader training and programming activities;
- Monitor budget expenditures for area funds;
- Supervise one Graduate Assistant, one Undergraduate First Year Assistant and 55 Student Leaders;
- Serve as the primary advisor for Alpha Lambda Delta;
- Serve on departmental, divisional, and/or university-wide committees in support of student transition, success, and retention;
- Provide support to the Senior Associate Director for New Student Transitions & First Year Experience and other office functions;
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the fulfillment of the New Student Transitions & First Year Experience mission.
FLSA Status - Non-Exempt
- Master's degree from a four year university or college in the area of higher education administration, college student personnel, student development, or related field completed by June 2, 2017.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs in support of student transition, success and retention.
- Previous supervision and/or advising experience preferred.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations/workshops to diverse audiences.
- Basic knowledge of technologies including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, PowerPoint and social media, highly preferred.
Tenure Status N/A
Recruitment Range Commensurate with education and experience.
Org #-Department New Student & Spartan Family Prog - 44601
Job Open Date 02/01/2017
For Best Consideration Date 02/22/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- Search Firm
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu