The Single Stop USA Administrative Coordinator is responsible for outreach to potential clients, providing benefits screening, guiding clients through the application process, and referring clients to external service providers for legal and financial counseling.
Reporting to the Single Stop USA Academic Student Support Manager and in collaboration with senior administrative faculty in the Division of Academic and Student Success at Bronx Community College, this position works closely with Single Stop USA and appropriate CBO staff as directed.
Major Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary):
- Conducts intake and assessment for Single Stop clients.
- Documents all client contact, referrals, and outcomes in computer database; provides reports as needed.
- Facilitates referrals to partnering agencies.
- Follows up with both clients and partnering agencies regarding referrals and outcomes.
- Schedules client appointments with legal and financial service consultants.
- Ensures the proper documentation of all client data including client contact, referrals, and outcomes is entered into Single Stop's case management database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitors scheduling of client appointments with legal and financial counselors.
- Assists in program research, development and assessment and participates in ongoing training, typically on-site, and contributes to peer learning systems.
Bachelor's Degree required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$38,701 - $75,981; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16313. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
March 1, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 16313
Full/Part Time: Full-Time