EOC Academic Affairs Coordinator (Evening and/or Weekend)
The Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) was established in 1966 by the State University of New York (SUNY) as the Urban Center in Manhattan, as a result of an act of the New York State Legislature.
The MEOC has been funded by the State University of New York University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (SUNY UCAWD) and administered by Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) of the City University of New York during its entire history. Educational Opportunity Centers provide academic instruction, vocational training, and support services to educationally and economically disadvantaged adults.
The MEOC seeks staff members at all levels who are dedicated to improving the educational and vocational opportunities of adult learners in New York City. The Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) is located in Harlem on 125th Street. For additional information on the Center please review our website: http://www.bmcc.cuny.edu/meoc.
Reporting directly to Director of Academic Affairs or her designee, the MEOC Academic Affairs Coordinator's duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with the supervision of administrative activities during the evening and weekends.
- Maintaining appropriate records and fiscal accounts within the Department of Academic Affairs.
- Assist in overseeing all evening and weekend programs for the MEOC.
- Assisting with center wide testing
- Responsible for the coordination of the Tutorial Center, including recruitment and training of tutors and tracking usage. Assist with the supervision of evening off-site programs and instructors. Assist in the monitoring of departmental staff attendance. Assist in the planning and implementation of staff development activities.
- Assist in the appropriate coordination and cooperation of the Academic Affairs Department with other departments of the Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center.
- Carry out other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
- Evening and weekend hours required.
Bachelor's degree required.
Excellent organizational and social skills are highly preferred. Appropriate experience with programs for the underrepresented and the ability to work with a culturally diverse population preferred.
Knowledge of best practices and procedures for an educational institution and progressive techniques used in administrative supervision of staff.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities within an Educational Opportunity Center (EOC).
- Organizes office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department
- May supervise office staff and student workers
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: EOC Administrative Coordinator
EOC Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $40,815 - $60,869
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
access CUNYfirst portal
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: EOC Academic Affairs Coordinator (Evening and/or Weekend)
Job ID: 16308
Full/Part Time: Full-Time