Director, Family Nurse Practitioner Program
The George Washington University (GW) School of Nursing invites applications for a Director to provide academic leadership and supervision for the FNP Program. This is a full-time Assistant Professor faculty position, non-tenure track. Start date for this position is as early as July 1, 2017.
The Director of the FNP Program is expected to:
- participate in student recruitment, admissions, and advisement;
- teach courses in her/his area of expertise;
- assure clinical affiliation agreements are in place for FNP students;
- forecast student enrollments;
- track academic progression of students in the program, providing appropriate support and guidance as needed;
- assist in the recruitment and selection of program faculty;
- monitor compliance with program accreditation/certification standards
- publish and maintain scholarship in his/her field
- maintain active involvement in professional organizations related to specialty area;
- actively seek opportunities for and participate in GW School of Nursing and faculty governance; and
- maintain a clinical practice and
perform any additional duties that are relevant to this position
Applicants must have: (1) a Doctorate in nursing, education, public health or related field by the date of appointment; (2) certification as an FNP; (3) eligibility for unencumbered DC and VA licensure; (4) experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students; (5) NP experience in family primary care; (6) an established/developing body of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and/or funded grants in the area.
Please complete an online faculty application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/40714 Please upload the following: (1) a cover letter outlining qualifications, teaching and clinical experience, (2) a CV, (3) two recent teaching evaluations, (4) copies of two key publications or writing samples. Cover letters should be addressed to Pamela Jeffries, Dean, GW School of Nursing. Review of applications will begin March 2, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
All faculty hiring decisions will be contingent upon final approval by the Provost.