Assistant Director of Diverse Student Development
Lead and implement programs to increase involvement of diverse student populations including Domestic Minority students and International students.
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs in Higher Education or related field is required.
- One year or more of full-time work experience in Multicultural/Diversity Affairs, Leadership/Student Development, Student Activities in university setting required.
- Experience working with multicultural/diverse student populations.
- Proven effectiveness in human relations including the ability to relate well with all segments of campus.
- Act as student advocate.
- Group facilitation skills required
- Large scale event planning skills required.
- Required knowledge of Student Development Theory, Racial and Ethnic Identity Development, Feminist, Queer and Tranationalism Theory as well.
- Design programs to serve Multicultural, Women identified and LGBTQ+ populations including outreach to International Students.
- Counsel, mentor and assist Multicultural, Women identified and LGBTQ+ populations with personal, academic, and other university concerns.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.