Director, Business Development
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Business Development position.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Workforce and Economic Innovation, the Director of Business Development is responsible for growing the number of organizations that utilize Corporate Solutions credit and non-credit programs to provide for their employees' education and training needs. The Director is responsible for establishing, maintaining and cultivating Corporate College and Customized Training programs and relationships with area employers. This position is expected to research and analyze business information, evaluate target markets, create prospect lists, generate leads, conduct sales calls, develop budgets, write and present formal education and training proposals. The Director of Business Development is also responsible for managing the Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA) grant program.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of four years' experience managing sales and marketing is required.
• Experience planning, developing, implementing and managing budgets required.
• Ability to effectively use the internet to research companies and generate leads required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently and take initiative is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends as needed, is required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Management, Adult Training, or Education preferred.
• Prior experience managing the sales and marketing of continuing education programs is preferred.
• Experience designing, developing and implementing successful continuing education and/or professional development programs, courses, seminars or workshops within higher education preferred.
• Computer proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Prior experience developing and administering individual and program assessments and evaluations preferred.
• Experience working in a unionized environment preferred.