Enrollment Registrar Coordinator
Reporting to the Registrar, with direction from the Manager of the Graduation/Degree Audit, the Enrollment Registrar Coordinator will provide operational support to the college's registration operations. The Coordinator will provide information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records related areas, maintaining compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). They will collaborate with other College and University offices to assist with resolutions of student registration and record problems. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview the Coordinator will perform the following duties:
- Review student records for graduation requirements using DegreeWorks and CUNYfirst
- Assist with checking course registration for degree requirements for financial aid eligibility (FACTS) and with resolution of student record and registration problems
- Participate in the end of semester Post Enrollment Pre-requisite checking (PERC)
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff in academic offices, as well as with students and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- May assist with the supervision and training of clerical and part-time staff
- May work evening and weekend hours
Bachelor's Degree required.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a CUNY College Registrar's office preferred;
- Graduation Audit/Degree Works experience preferred;
- Experience with PeopleSoft (CUNYfirst preferred);
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to function well under pressure strongly preferred;
- Excellent communication and computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides operational support for registration operations.
- Provides advice on academic and administrative registration requirements
- Interprets and communicates academic, registration and enrollment policies and procedures
- Assists with registration and provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
- Complies, generates, and updates various reports, catalogs, and inventories
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collaborates with College and University offices to address inquires and concerns and resolve student registration and record problems
- May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining course databases
- May monitor and revise the content of web pages and other communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
February 4, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Enrollment Registrar Coordinator
Job ID: 16265
Full/Part Time: Full-Time