Development Grants Director
As part of the administrative team, the Development Grants Director reports directly to the Vice President for the Division of Strategic Initiatives. Assignments and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee all aspects of BCC's public grants and contracts program including strategic planning, prospect research, proposal development, and management of all grants and contracts from submission to closing as well as ensuring compliance.
- Develop and maintain communication with faculty and staff to support college's successful competition for government funding in a variety of areas.
- Work with Bronx Community College divisions in developing and writing grant and contract proposals, and assume full responsibility for the process and submission of all proposals.
- Act as chief liaison between the college and public funding sources.
- Stay informed and educate faculty and staff about current policies, practices and trends related to government grants and contracts.
- Develop and execute workshops on public grants and contracts.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute standard and special reports on grant activity.
- Work collaboratively with development.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs College grants development strategy and administration.
- Manages all stages of grants and contracts administration, including reports to funding sponsors
- Oversees identification of funding sources and grants spending
- Develops funding strategies; assesses outcome of strategic plans
- Liaisons with external organizations providing funding
- Cultivates internal resources to successfully compete for funding
- Advises faculty and administration of funding opportunities and requirements; promotes collaboration in developing proposal concepts
- Hires, develops, and evaluates staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Development Grants Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #15786. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
Open until position is filled with review of resumes to begin 11/2/16.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Development Grants Director
Job ID: 15786
Full/Part Time: Full-Time