Continuing Education Specialist (Continuing Education/ IELI)
The Continuing Education Specialist reports directly to the Deputy Director of Continuing Education & Special Programs at Hunter College and will perform the following duties, in addition to the duties in the CUNY Title Overview:
- Develops and implements assessment guidelines/ tools / work standards for Continuing Education Programs
- Oversees Procurement / Payroll functions in Continuing Education Programs and implements best practices; supervises Support Staff.
- Acts as a liaison between the Continuing Education Programs Office and other internal/external units on cooperative or co-sponsored programs
- Assists Director of Continuing Education & Special Programs in Special Events Planning and Space Reservation functions
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- Project management, operations, and special event planning experience preferred
- Masters Degree in Higher Education Administration
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers Continuing Education and related external programs, assisting with program design, marketing, operations, and evaluation.
- Assists in developing programs and courses, analyzing course data and identifying opportunities for new and expanded course offerings
- Develops related marketing strategies, policies, and procedures and disseminates them to students, teachers, and administrators.
- Supervises operations such as registrar, bursar, data collection, and payment functions
- Designs outreach materials, web sites, catalogues, and other marketing vehicles; conducts marketing events
- Assists in the hiring and administration of program coordinators and instructors.
- Assists in collecting and analyzing course evaluation and customer retention data.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 10, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Continuing Education Specialist (Continuing Education/ IELI)
Job ID: 16228
Full/Part Time: Full-Time