The CUNY School of Professional Studies provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor's degree, earn a master's degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers. Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies is a collaboration between the University and New York City labor unions, for the purpose of serving the educational, policy, and research needs of unions and their members. The New Labor Forum (NLF), an award-winning national journal, is published by the Center for Labor, Community, and Policy Studies at the Murphy Institute. The mission of the Institute is to:1) offer undergraduate and graduate programs to labor and urban studies; 2) expand working adult student access to colleges throughout the CUNY system; 3) partner with labor unions and community-based organizations to identify and address their
education needs; and4) serve the labor and broader community by conducting research, offering leadership development programs, hosting forums and national conferences, and publishing articles, books, and a national labor journal to promote debate and discussion on challenges confronting workers and working-class communities.
Reporting to the Institute's Associate Director for the Center for Labor, Community & Policy Studies, the Administrative Coordinator will act as point person for inquiries/requests made to the Center; provide administrative support for meetings and office operations; update and carry out ongoing improvement of Center databases; maintain current and accurate information on Center websites; maintain Center archives and collections; maintain files generated by the Associate Director's office; and, order supplies needed for Center projects and programs.
Other duties include:
- Assist with the promotion of programming over social media
- Conduct research for public programming and New Labor Forum (NLF)
- Organize logistics for forums and conferences, maintain RSVP, registration and outreach lists
- Order review copies from publishers for book reviewers
- Ensure accurate records and timely billing for NLF bulk subscriptions
Bachelor's Degree required.
A successful candidate should have:
- Experience providing administrative support
- Two years of related experience in higher education setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite for supporting office operations , including word processing, mail merges, creation of spreadsheets, presentations, mailings and web research
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines; follow up as needed and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational abilities, experience with creating/managing paper and electronic filing systems
- Knowledge concerning labor unions and social movements ideal
- Proficiency in Wordpress preferred
- Experience using CRMs to manage data and email marketing preferred
- Experience managing institutional social media accounts preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
February 9, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 16169
Full/Part Time: Full-Time