Hostos Community College is a small college that is dedicated to creating an educationally rich, friendly, and warm environment. Our faculty and staff provide one-on-one academic support that will help students in developing the skills and confidence to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Student Development and Enrollment Management, the Admissions Director is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Admissions Office.
- Develops and supervises the College's recruitment marketing strategies.
- Prepares new students enrollment projections, reports enrollment trends, recommends recruitment initiatives, and oversees the implementation of all routine and special activities.
- Develops and updates general and special publications for recruitment and admissions and disseminates these strategically.
- Ensures compliance to applicable policies, guidelines, and regulations of the College, the University, City and State.
- Oversees Foreign Student Advisor; acts as secondary Designated School Official for purposes of student visa processing and liaisons with Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Maintains and analyzes data and prepares reports required by the College, University and other regulatory bodies; prepares special reports used in the decision-making processes.
- Provides leadership in the utilization of technology in the department.
- Monitors, reviews, and reports on the application and admissions processes for new students.
- Coordinates Admissions activities with those of the Registrar, Testing, Financial Aid, Counseling, and designated Academic Affairs faculty.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates performance of assigned staff.
- Facilitates enrollment of students in special programs such as College Now, CUNY Start and CLIP.
- Facilitates professional development activities for Admissions and Recruitment staff.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Master's degree
- 8 years' experience with Recruitment and Admissions in Higher Education
- 5 years' experience in supervisory role of large teams or units
- Experience with Higher Education student information systems, such as CUNYfirst
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
- Ability to multitask
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops, implements, and manages one or more major admissions and recruiting functions.
- Manages overall recruitment and admissions processes
- Develops recruiting strategies for the College and/or specific programs or groups and works closely with academic departments, programs, and administrators to coordinate marketing and recruiting
- Manages the development and distribution of recruiting materials and communications of all kinds
- Manages admissions operations and staff, including coordination with outside organizations and University administration
- Oversees department budget including developing detailed proposals to support recruitment and admissions
- Evaluates and reports outcomes; uses information in statistical, fiscal, and other reports to make improvements to the recruiting process
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$85,356 - $98,431 ($94,248 - $108,683)
Salary subject to the new contract implementation.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please attach cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review to begin 1/24/17.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: Admissions Director
Job ID: 16135
Full/Part Time: Full-Time