Financial Aid Director
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, the Director of Financial Aid will be responsible for overseeing the Office of Financial Aid at Kingsborough Community College. The position's duties are outlined below.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required
The selected candidate should demonstrate:
- Prior financial aid services experience in higher education, preferably in a diverse and urban setting.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor at all times; possessing the ability to provide outstanding customer service in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Commitment to serving students in an urban and diverse campus community and an appreciation for the principles of a high quality liberal arts education
- Commitment to transparent processes and procedures that uphold the integrity of the academic mission of the College and a dedication to the vision of the President as outlined in the College's Strategic Plan.
- Proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft suite and People Soft/Oracle tools
- Familiarity with the most recent methods of data collection, research methodologies, and web-based technology as it relates to financial aid; and be able to adapt to changing environments, technology, policies, legislation, and the needs of the students
- Supervisory experience and a commitment to the professional development of staff along with an ability to provide honest and constant professional feedback to staff while upholding standards of excellence
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops and oversees student financial aid programs in accordance with Federal/State laws and regulations and University guidelines.
- Develops and interprets financial aid policies and procedures with regard to Federal and NY State programs such as internal loan programs, all state and federal loan programs, Stafford Loans, Perkins Loans, College Work Study, and Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Reports on general and fiscal matters such as program expenditures, projections of full-year spending potential, and analyses of spending patterns
- Authorizes the disbursement of funds
- Monitors compliance with Federal and State financial aid regulations, developing and implementing compliance procedures
- Serves as College liaison to Federal, State, local and professional agencies on financial aid matters
- Assures that the Financial Aid function works effectively with other College units (e.g., Admissions, Registrar, Bursar)
- Manages financial aid staffing, development, and evaluation
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 16208 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
February 12, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Financial Aid Director
Job ID: 16208
Full/Part Time: Full-Time