Administrative Coordinator - Enrollment Service Center
Reporting to the Director of the Enrollment Services Center (ESC), the Administrative Coordinator will assist with department operations, activities, and special projects. The Enrollment Services Center is a one-stop student services office that processes student transactions and disseminates information.
The Administrative Coordinator duties will include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a liaison to other student service offices that interact with the Center.
- Provide information and assist staff and students with the usage of student services and online services.
- Assist with supervision of part-time staff in the ESC.
- Assist upper management with the planning and development of operational calendar, as well as customer service and content training documents.
- Monitor department budget, expenses, and purchases.
- Assist upper management with the development of reports to inform decision-making process. Coordinate the center's staff schedule in collaboration with the offices of the Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid, and ID/Security.
- Coordinate outreach to students with important deadlines and policy information. Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent organization, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment is essential
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as required
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$38,701 ($39,282*) *Effective 4/20/2017 and subject to the new contract implementation
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online by clicking on "Apply Now" below. In order to be considered, applicants must upload their cover letter (referenced Job ID # 16293), resume, and contact information (name, phone number, and email address) for three references in rtf, doc or pdf format.
February 27, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Brooklyn College
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Enrollment Service Center
Job ID: 16293
Full/Part Time: Full-Time