Financial Aid Manager for Systems
The Financial Aid Manager for Systems at Kingsborough Community College reports to the Director of Financial Aid or his/her designee to perform the duties described in the CUNY Title overview below. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising a staff of 9.
- Overseeing R2T4 calculations.
- Attending university wide R2t4 and Systems meetings.
- Serving as Trouble shooter for Direct loan and Pell programs.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
Selected candidate should demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State, and institutional financial aid programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with faculty, staff and students
- Effective technology skills including familiarity with Banner and PeopleSoft
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Experience in supervising full time staff
- Experience working in a higher education institution
- Ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
- Experience in counseling, advising, and/or informing students
- Experience in training colleagues or staff
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of R2T4, direct loan, and Pell processing
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Plans, develops and implements financial aid policies and processes in accordance with Federal, State and University standards.
- Manages financial aid activities and represents the office at on-campus and off-campus meetings and forums
- Manages day-to day administrative and systems operations for optimal efficiency and customer service; manages special processes such as Return of Title IV Aid
- Provides comprehensive financial counseling to parents and students
- Implements all necessary processes to support financial aid application, awarding and delivery cycles
- Oversees the coordination of financial aid activities with those of other College and University offices
- Implements and maintains web based services
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 16210 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
February 12, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Kingsborough Community College
Job Title: Financial Aid Manager for Systems
Job ID: 16210
Full/Part Time: Full-Time