High Pressure Plant Tender - Facilities Management & Planning (Multiple Positions)
- Under direct supervision, tends oil, gas or coal fired high-pressure boilers, incinerator furnaces and related equipment, and assists in the maintenance and repair of this equipment; performs related work.
- In the Department of Sanitation, under supervision, operates, repairs, alters and maintains boilers, furnaces, pollution control equipment, and other related equipment and appurtenances; performs related work.
- Hand fires high-pressure boilers using solid fuels, and stoker equipment and incinerator furnaces using burnable refuse.
- Cleans fires.
- Tends and operates stoker equipment, oil-fired-pressure boilers and incinerator furnaces and related equipment.
- Assists in the cleaning, inspecting, testing, maintenance and repair of high-pressure boilers, incinerators, auxiliaries and relative equipment.
- May operate a motor vehicle.
- In the Department of Sanitation, in addition to the duties above, may be assigned to inspect, clean, test, repair, maintain and alter facility equipment; inspect and read meters, gauges and other controls of operating and related equipment; use hand and powered tools and weld and burn in the performance of assigned duties; work from sketches, drawings and blue prints; requisition parts and maintain inventory; keep records and logs; and supervise assigned personnel. May operate a motor vehicle.
High-Pressure Plant Tender
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- REVISED --
Position may require working nights and weekends.
IMPORTANT: Only applicants who took the High Pressure Plant Tender civil service examination on January 26, 2016 will be considered for this temporary position.
- Two years of full-time satisfactory experience within the last ten years operating and maintaining high pressure boilers or the equivalent marine experience; OR
- Not less than one year of experience as described in 1 above plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining required experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational high school.
NOTE: For appointment to certain positions a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State Of New York is required. Such license must be maintained for the duration of such appointment.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin December 12, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: High Pressure Plant Tender - Facilities Management & Planning (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 15965
Full/Part Time: Full-Time