Student Life Coordinator - Residence Halls, Division of Student Affairs
Reporting to the Student Housing Manager at Hunter College, in addition to the duties listed in the CUNY Title Overview, the Student Life Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Resides in the residence hall
- Coordinates day-to-day operations in the residence hall
- Assists with the implementation of housing policies and regulations and responds to tenant concerns
- Assists with all areas of marketing housing facilities to college students, faculty, and departments to ensure units are utilized to capacity
- Conducts residence hall tours
- Coordinates and assists with recruiting, hiring, and training RA/CA staff members
- Prepares student data reports
- Assists with the development of all communication tools to students residing in the residence hall
- In collaboration with the Student Housing Manager, supervises RA/CA staff members
Bachelor's degree required.
The preferred candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, parents and staff members.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in preparing and providing student support services to promote the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Assists student organizations/clubs in planning, implementing events and programs, and managing expenditures
- Coordinates and helps present informational and educational programs, such as student leadership training and orientation
- Assists with the management of student affairs facilities, such as acquiring equipment and arranging event logistics
- May assume responsibility for one or more specific student programs
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
($38,701- $45,278) Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefit. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin January 25, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Student Life Coordinator - Residence Halls, Division of Student Affairs
Job ID: 16059
Full/Part Time: Full-Time