Plumber - Buildings and Grounds
- Under supervision performs work relating to the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of piping of gas, potable water, plumbing and drainage systems; may serve as a licensed plumber, making applications, obtaining permits and approvals which may be required by rule, regulation and/or statue; performs related work.
- Installs, maintains and repairs piping of all kinds for water, gas, storm, waste, soil and vent systems.
- Sets, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures, equipment and appurtenances.
- When necessary, determines and requisitions job materials while work is in progress.
- Supervises and is responsible for the work of Plumber's Helpers.
- In the temporary absence of the supervisor, may perform the duties of that position.
- When assigned as a licensed plumber, obtains written building permits for plumbing work to be performed; conducts and/or witnesses tests on plumbing and gas piping systems; prepares applications, reports, notices and other documents; prepares sketches, drawings and layouts which may be required.
- Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a plumber acquired within the past ten years; OR
- Not less than three years of full-time satisfactory experience described in 1 above plus sufficient full-time experience as a plumber's helper or apprentice, or training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school, to make up the equivalent of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of helper or apprentice experience or relevant training, up to a maximum of two years of credit.
NOTE: For assignment as a licensed plumber, must possess and maintain the license(s) required to perform those duties.
A Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the Sate of New York. The license must be maintained for the duration of employment.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and a cover letter.
February 4, 2017 - Review of resumes to start on January 19, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Plumber - Buildings and Grounds
Job ID: 16201
Full/Part Time: Full-Time