Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing Communications
The School of Business Administration at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant / Associate Professor of Marketing Communications to begin teaching in Fall 2017:
The successful candidate will have:
- Doctorate degree in Marketing Communications from a Western Accredited Institution at the time of appointment.
- A demonstrated record of research publication and teaching excellence in the relevant field.
- The relevant professional designation or certification would be a major advantage.
- Experience in consulting for business organizations and industry will be an advantage.
- Ability to teach at least one of the following courses:
- Principles of Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications
- Public Relations Management
- Media Planning and buying
- History of Advertising
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be an active team player and a contributor to continuous improvement in the School of Business Administration.
Candidates must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate and MBA levels, active scholarship, a track record of professional development and research, student advising abilities, as well as other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995 and located in the heart of Dubai. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international, US-accredited institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
- Provide previous course syllabi for the Marketing Communications courses taught
- Provide a copy of Marcom Project requirements
- Provide a sample of students’ projects
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, UAE
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.