EMBA Program Director
The American University in Dubai (AUD) on behalf of its School of Business Administration is in the process of developing an Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) program in partnership with Cornell University on behalf of its Johnson Graduate School of Management. A complete Work Plan encompassing all tasks through all development phases leading up to launch of the EMBA program has been drawn up and is being implemented.
AUD is now inviting applications for the position of EMBA Program Director. As the chief academic and administrative officer of the prospective EMBA program, the Program Director, in his/her capacity as a member of the EMBA Task Force (chaired by the Provost), will, in the pre-launch stage, play a leading role in implementing the Work Plan leading up to launching the EMBA program in September 2018. Post launch, the Program Director’s leadership of the EMBA program will involve a different set of responsibilities aimed at ensuring the successful operation and growth of the program. The position is available as of January 2017.
- Earned doctorate in a business discipline from a recognized/accredited Western institution
- Proven track record and evidence of excellence in university teaching, including significant experience in EMBA or other executive education programs
- Proven track record in academic administration at the department/program level in a business school setting
- Real-life work experience of significant length and scope, in a managerial capacity, in business, industry or the public sector
- Proven track record of research and scholarly activity
- Significant international and multicultural exposure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Active awareness of developments and new directions in executive business education
- Knowledge of outcomes assessment processes and experience in business program accreditation processes
- Ability to network and build relationships with local, regional and international businesses and public sector organizations
- Strong leadership, strategic planning and management skills
- Integrity and fairness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Continued proficiency in new teaching technologies and their applications
- Collegial management style
- Effective operations management and day-to-day administration skills
- Commitment to academic excellence
- Excellent "people skills" and effectiveness in multicultural management
- Genuine concern for students' learning
- Global outlook
- Thorough understanding of the business, social, cultural and educational environment of the UAE, the GCC, and the wider Middle East
- EMBA degree
- Language skills other than English (especially Arabic)
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents/information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter articulating applicant’s vision for the EMBA program and his/her capabilities and prospective contributions as Program Director
- Updated CV
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.