6th - 12th Technology Instructor
Specific responsibilities and expectations for the 6th-12th grade Technology Instructor at P.K. Yonge are as follows:
- Teach a sequence of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade elective courses in Microsoft applications
- Teach a high school digital design program with industry certification opportunities to include Introduction to Information Technology
- Possible alternative instructional assignment, high school computer programming
- Effective and innovative uses of technology to support teaching, learning, and collaboration
- Regular parent communication (electronically, face-to-face, and conferences)
- Active participation in teacher inquiry to support continuous program improvement
- Commitment to continuous professional learning and reflection on effectiveness of teaching practice and implemented curriculum for all students
- Possible school yearbook sponsor
Commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements: (1) A Master's degree. Candidates with Bachelor's degree will be considered, but will be required to obtain a Master's degree within three years of hire.
(2) Florida teaching certification
(3) Excellent oral and written communication skills
(4) Demonstrated commitment to diversity and effective strategies for motivating and teaching students with differing abilities from a variety of backgrounds
Preferred Qualifications:3 + years of related teaching experience
Special Instructions to applicants:
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.Health Assessment Required: No