Chair and Assistant/Associate Professor of Interior Design
The School of Architecture, Art and Design at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Chair and Assistant/Associate Professor of Interior Design to begin teaching in Fall 2017.
The Chair will lead the Department of Interior Design in an ongoing process of charting its future course, formulating its mission and objectives consistently with those of AUD, and developing and implementing strategic as well as short-term plans for achieving these objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Master of Fine Arts (studio-based) or equivalent master’s degree in interior design or a closely related discipline
- At least one degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Proven track record and evidence of excellence in university teaching
- Proven track record of research and scholarly activity
- Proven track record in academic administration
- Experience of significant variety and scope in managing design organizations and/or design consulting and/or other significant exposure to real-world practices in interior design or a closely related field
- Significant international and multicultural exposure
- Thorough understanding of the social, cultural and educational environment, and of interior design practices in the UAE, the GCC, and the wider Middle East
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
Candidates will have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for personal professional scholarship, and assist in student advising, curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.